justin.tv

Discuss the various Roku channels developed by TheEndless

justin.tv

Postby soulrebel1982 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:44 am

This is the answer I got from Justin.tv and the problems I have been experiencing. i.e, channel does not stay on more than 5 minutes and goes to retrieving for ever. So, Roku who developed this application? Thanks for your help in this matter.

Hi Greta,
We actually have not developed a Roku Player Application. You will need to contact the independent developer of that application.

Hi Greta,
Unfortunately we do not know who developed this application. It was someone outside of our team
soulrebel1982

Re: justin.tv

Postby TheEndless » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:41 am

I developed the channel, but unfortunately, it uses the streams provided by the justin.tv iPhone application, so stream quality and reliability are outside of my control.
TheEndless
Site Admin

Postby Nammflow » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:38 am

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to increase the quality of the streams. It appears taht the quality is quite low, 360p I'm guessing. But most channels usually offer 720p+.
Nammflow

Postby TheEndless » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:18 am

As mentioned above, the streams come from the justin.tv iPhone application. I unfortunately don't have any control over the quality.
TheEndless
Site Admin

Postby dbwords » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:43 am

I just bought a Roku X2 box principally because my friend who has an older model told me he was getting Justin.tv on his Roku. I installed mine just fine and added the channel, but I can't get most of the streams to work at all -- just get that standard "Error: Channel playback ended. The echannel may no longer be broadcasting. (Details: An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.)"

Help, please! What can I do? I've tried rebooting and also uninstalling and reinstalling Justin.tv. A couple of times, just trying to load CNN has caused my Roku to reboot unanounced or unbidden. Help! -db
dbwords

Postby TheEndless » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:07 pm

Take a look at this Roku forums thread for some details on the cause, and some ideas on how to work around it: http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=51741

Basically, there's not much I can do, but several people have found some methods of getting the streams to play more reliably.
TheEndless
Site Admin

Postby dbwords » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:56 am

Thanks for the link. I just discovered that I needed to go to subsequent tabs to access most of the channels. I can't seem to get the first several channels to work in each tab (especially the opening tab), but at least a number of the other streams are working. I think it's mostly the first (opening) row of choices under the "All" tab that don't work.

Thanks,

Deanna
dbwords

Postby tommy-b » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:25 pm

I too have been having problems with a good chunk of JTV channels, but have found that as long as the channel shows as online I can click OK after the error and click Play and repeat until the channel starts retrieving. Sometimes it works within a half dozen tries, other times it may take a LOT more (20-30 or so).
tommy-b

Postby shadetree417 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:04 pm

as od recent the channels play for a short time and bump you out..all the channel s do it. think the app needs rework.
shadetree417

Return to Roku Software