Justin.tv

Discuss the various Roku channels developed by TheEndless

Justin.tv

Postby TheEndless » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:12 pm

Please use this thread to discuss the Justin.tv channel for the Roku.

http://roku.permanence.com/#justintv
TheEndless
Site Admin

Re: Justin.tv and the Roku2 XS

Postby roha1234 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:37 am

I just purchased the Roku2 XS and if I understand correctly there is a problem with this new Roku2 XS when trying to run justin.tv.... I added the channel, and received the same error message I have seen other users resporting as well. Is there going to be a fix/update to correct this? Any info on this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron

PS - I purchased the Instant Watch Browser for Netflix and congratulate you on an excellent channel... EXACTLY what I was looking for to browse Netflix Instant Watch!!!! Keep up the good work!!!
roha1234

Re: Justin.tv

Postby TheEndless » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:59 am

Unfortunately, the fix, which I'm sure will indeed come, will have to be made by Roku. There's nothing I can do to workaround the issues with the Roku 2 firmware. Sorry.
TheEndless
Site Admin

Postby roha1234 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:04 pm

TheEndless wrote:Unfortunately, the fix, which I'm sure will indeed come, will have to be made by Roku. There's nothing I can do to workaround the issues with the Roku 2 firmware. Sorry.

THANKS for the prompt reply.... from what I understand now is that Roku is looking into this. Again, thanks for the reply/feedback... I feel confident there will be a fix forthcoming.
roha1234

Re: Justin.tv Not Working

Postby tkathlina » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:04 pm

I just discovered the JustinTv channel for Roku. Worked great 1st day, now no stream will load. Is there a fix or a trick I can try to get the channel to work?

Thanks
tkathlina

Re: Justin.tv Not Working

Postby TheEndless » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:33 pm

tkathlina wrote:I just discovered the JustinTv channel for Roku. Worked great 1st day, now no stream will load. Is there a fix or a trick I can try to get the channel to work?

Thanks

Try rebooting the Roku by unplugging/replugging. I just tested and the channel looks to be working fine, so it could be that the Roku doesn't want to behave for some reason.
TheEndless
Site Admin

Postby Revlyn » Wed May 22, 2013 7:22 pm

Hi there,

I just installed this app on my Roku 2XS a couple days ago, and so far it has worked great except it seems to be cutting off the outer edges of the screen. I also tried the Twitch.tv app and it seems to have the same problem. I tried adjusting my TV zoom/display settings but could not find a setting that fixed it. These 2 seem to be the only apps on my roku that do this. Like I said, the app has worked perfectly the 5-10 times I have used it so far, other than this minor issue. Just wondering if you had any suggestions for how I could fix this?

Thanks, and any help is appreciated!
-Rev
Revlyn

Postby TheEndless » Wed May 22, 2013 9:53 pm

Revlyn wrote:Hi there,

I just installed this app on my Roku 2XS a couple days ago, and so far it has worked great except it seems to be cutting off the outer edges of the screen. I also tried the Twitch.tv app and it seems to have the same problem. I tried adjusting my TV zoom/display settings but could not find a setting that fixed it. These 2 seem to be the only apps on my roku that do this. Like I said, the app has worked perfectly the 5-10 times I have used it so far, other than this minor issue. Just wondering if you had any suggestions for how I could fix this?

Thanks, and any help is appreciated!
-Rev

That sounds like an overscan issue with your TV. If you can't find an appropriate zoom setting that fixes it, I'm not sure what else there is that you could try.. :(
TheEndless
Site Admin

Postby Revlyn » Wed May 22, 2013 10:22 pm

Well that's a bummer. Thanks anyway! Still love the app :)

Edit - Well I feel a little silly, but when you mentioned overscan I realized I didn't mess with that setting at all. Turning it off fixed the problem completely. :oops:
Revlyn

Postby TheEndless » Thu May 23, 2013 2:19 am

Revlyn wrote:Well that's a bummer. Thanks anyway! Still love the app :)

Edit - Well I feel a little silly, but when you mentioned overscan I realized I didn't mess with that setting at all. Turning it off fixed the problem completely. :oops:

Cool. Glad it was an easy fix!
TheEndless
Site Admin

Next

Return to Roku Software