Sirius|XM Internet Radio

Discuss the various Roku channels developed by TheEndless

Sirius|XM Internet Radio

Postby TheEndless » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:10 pm

Please use this thread to discuss the Sirius|XM Internet Radio channel for the Roku.

http://roku.permanence.com/#siriusxm
TheEndless
Site Admin

Re: Sirius|XM Internet Radio

Postby islanddreamer » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:40 pm

The link above only takes me to the main page, not a forum thread.

App is working but a couple of channels I've tried won't play. Anyone else having issues with Margaritaville or Elvis?
islanddreamer

Postby TheEndless » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:26 pm

islanddreamer wrote:The link above only takes me to the main page, not a forum thread.
Hrmm.. hadn't considered the ambiguity of the initial post. This thread (the one you're reading right now) is the thread I was referring to. The link is to the app it's in reference to.

islanddreamer wrote:App is working but a couple of channels I've tried won't play. Anyone else having issues with Margaritaville or Elvis?

I'm assuming you're an XM subscriber? The legacy streams that the app currently uses are terribly screwy for XM since the channel remapping a couple months ago. I'm looking into possible fixes for it, but don't have one at the moment. Sorry...
TheEndless
Site Admin

Postby islanddreamer » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:29 pm

Duh. Got it! :oops:

Yeah, I'm an XM subscriber. Seems odd that they still distinguish between the two online, now that the channel lineups have been synchronized.

Keep up the great work. Thanks for making both my XM and Roku investments a little more valuable.
islanddreamer

Postby kasperg » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:25 am

Thanks so much for making this. I love my Sirius. My issue is that I have added the channel and gone through all of the setup successfully. Then when I click on a channel it starts to buffer but stops at 6% then gets hung up and times out. I am using TVersity and I see the player listed there and when I choose the channel it shows up but always says 0% . My internet connection is solid and I have tried re-starting and deleting and re-installing the channel. Help! :)
kasperg

Postby TheEndless » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:50 am

kasperg wrote:Thanks so much for making this. I love my Sirius. My issue is that I have added the channel and gone through all of the setup successfully. Then when I click on a channel it starts to buffer but stops at 6% then gets hung up and times out. I am using TVersity and I see the player listed there and when I choose the channel it shows up but always says 0% . My internet connection is solid and I have tried re-starting and deleting and re-installing the channel. Help! :)

With all channels, or just specific ones? There are a few streams that are no longer available, but I've not had time to go in and clean up.
TheEndless
Site Admin

Postby kasperg » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:00 pm

well I only tried 3 but I tried to make them random. I tried Sirius hits 1, the blend and Howard 100.
kasperg

Postby TheEndless » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:01 am

Are you originally an XM user or a Sirius user? Are you entering your credentials into the channel as Sirius or XM? If one, can you try the other?
TheEndless
Site Admin

Postby kasperg » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:31 pm

I am a Sirius subscriber and was logged in as so. I just tried logging in as an XM user and that way it wouldn't even begin to load a channel like before.
kasperg

Postby TheEndless » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:29 pm

kasperg wrote:I am a Sirius subscriber and was logged in as so. I just tried logging in as an XM user and that way it wouldn't even begin to load a channel like before.

The only thing I can think to suggest at this point would be to try Orb instead of TVersity. You can find a walkthrough on how to set it up here: http://roku.permanence.com/siriusxm/orb_setup.htm
TheEndless
Site Admin

Next

Return to Roku Software