Sirius|XM Internet Radio

Discuss the various Roku channels developed by TheEndless

Re: Sirius|XM Internet Radio

Postby kasperg » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:06 pm

dude! You are the man. Thank you for your prompt and precise support. Sorry it took me so long to implement this as I was out of town. I now have Howard back at home. Thank you thank you thank you.
kasperg

Postby Atbound » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:24 am

I use XM. The icons for the stations are blank and the name is listed below the blank icon. When I select the particular channel it buffers then gives me a completely differt channel than the one that is listed. I have tried both ORB and TVersity with the same results. Will there be an update with the proper sync of the channels and what is listed on the the tv?
Atbound

Postby artisansdjj » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:47 pm

Hi... I just set this up with the Orb Caster software yesterday. Great setup instructions, all went smoothly ... BUT ... I don't think I'm getting the right stations to match my selections. I went through the selections and set up the ones that are my favorites, but the music being played really doesn't seem to belong to the station named. For instance: On Broadway is one of my selections, but the music being played when I set it up was definitely not Broadway, but was more like something from the Pops or Symphony Hall stations.

I set it up for XM, which is where my subscription is/was originally. Should I try the Sirius selection?

Thanks!
artisansdjj

Postby TheEndless » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:14 pm

Unfortunately, ever since SiriusXM did their big channel reorganization and web player update last year, the legacy streams that the channel relies are have become unpredictable or altogether unavailable. As a result, I've had the channel removed from the channel store. It may function under some conditions, but it's no longer supportable in it's current state. Sorry...
TheEndless
Site Admin

Postby JLeslieR » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:28 pm

Just an hour ago I followed a link and downloaded your siriusxm app to my Roku HD, installed Tversity, and tried to enter my XM account. After a lot of error messages, I was able to open the channel selections, but was messaged that the Tversity server was not running (it is). After several hours of trying I found your early 2012 message about having removed the app from the channel store (where it apparently still resides).

May I assume that the Roku channel is still broken? If so, I wonder if you have had any time to pursue fixing it? In any case it would be appreciated if you could provide an update.

Thanks.

Les
JLeslieR

Postby TheEndless » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:10 pm

I'm afraid not. The legacy streams the channel required have more or less been retired, and the current streams are encrypted, so they cannot be played without circumventing that encryption, which I am not prepared to do. The channel has been retired, and is only still available for those users who want to listen to the few legacy streams that are still available. I will not be doing any further development on the channel. Sorry...
TheEndless
Site Admin

Postby JLeslieR » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:03 pm

If you can say, is there any chance the forthcoming new Rokus coming soon might include a SiriusXM Channel?

Thanks for the reply.

Les
JLeslieR

Postby TheEndless » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:03 pm

JLeslieR wrote:If you can say, is there any chance the forthcoming new Rokus coming soon might include a SiriusXM Channel?

Thanks for the reply.

Les

I'm afraid I'm not privvy to that kind of information. My SiriusXM channel was developed independent of any SiriusXM involvement, and wasn't affiliated with them in any way, so I don't have any insider knowledge of what they may or may not be planning. Sorry...
TheEndless
Site Admin

Postby troyop » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:52 pm

Hi. Can you give an example of one of the legacy streams you are using in your Roku app? Basically what the http address is. I'm able to identify the streams the Sirius XM online internet app is using and I just want to see if the streams your are using match up. Btw, I've checked the channels in your app and most of them are still working but are just using the wrong stream.
troyop

Postby TheEndless » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:43 pm

I'm afraid I no longer have a Sirius account, so I can't retrieve any of the stream URLs anymore. The streams are not the same as those used by the internet app, as that uses encrypted HLS streams.
TheEndless
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Roku Software