Instant Browser won't let me play selection

Discuss the various Roku channels developed by TheEndless

Instant Browser won't let me play selection

Postby Masterwebman » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:10 pm

I purchased the instant browser because Netflix on Roku doesn't show the entire catalog and doesn't show the Instant Queue. But, when I click on the Instant Queue, the only choice is to remove the film from the Queue. There is no way to play the filmsI have waiting in the queue. I can only rate the fiilm, view related films, or launch the Netflix Channel. So, there is no way to watch the film from the Queue. I assume that something is wrong. When I had the free version, I could select and watch films. Can someone tell me what's wrong? This isn't what I expected when I purchased.
Masterwebman

Re: Instant Browser won't let me play selection

Postby TheEndless » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:13 am

There is nothing wrong. Netflix doesn't allow playback of videos outside of partner applications. I'm not sure how you were under the impression you could do so in the Lite version, as it doesn't have that ability either. This is covered as the second question in the FAQ, if you'd like more detail: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=33
TheEndless
Site Admin

Postby Masterwebman » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:17 am

Okay, I read the suggested link and understand why I am not being offered a play link do to Netflix restrictions. However, now that I can add or delete movies to the queue from within your channel, it's nothing that I can't do from my computer directly on Netflix. The problem for me, which incidentally has nothing to do with your application, is that it doesn't help me. When I get to Netflix on my Roku the movies I've chosen to view and have queued are not available as Netflix doesn't include a listing for the queue on the Roku menu. There is no Queue currently available on Roku! So, effectively I can't watch them via Roku, whether I manage the Queue from my computer or through your channel. . . . If I want to watch them, I have to do so through my computer, and out via HDMI and into the TV --Having to go through that drill was the reason I bought the Roku. I also think the buffering might be better on the Roku than on the computer. Anyway, while your browser is nice to have, but it doesn't solve my problem. However, I do appreciate your quick replies to the post on this board. Thanks very much.
Masterwebman

Postby TheEndless » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:15 pm

Masterwebman wrote:When I get to Netflix on my Roku the movies I've chosen to view and have queued are not available as Netflix doesn't include a listing for the queue on the Roku menu. There is no Queue currently available on Roku!

I can certainly see how that could be a problem! There should definitely be a queue available to you in the official Netflix channel! If you're not seeing your instant queue in the official channel, then I'd recommend contacting Roku and/or Netflix support to find out what's going on, because that's not right. When you launch the Netflix channel, the first row in the list should be your instant queue.
TheEndless
Site Admin

Postby TheEndless » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:09 am

Take a look at this post in the Roku forums. It might help: http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 21#p355521
TheEndless
Site Admin

Return to Roku Software